General Job Description
We are looking for a QA lead to help drive projects and be an advocate for Quality for our Foundation and PlayBook analytical products. This person works with product management and customers to define quality criteria, works with the development teams on quality initiatives throughout the product development lifecycle, helps lead multiple phases of testing, and coordinates with customers to address validation of customer bugs/fixes.
Ideal candidates will have a strong retail background, past experience building and/or testing analytical products, have a strong and proven track record of delivering projects on-time/under-budget, have an ability to work with a team of highly talented and motivated people, and possess an ability to quickly gain credibility & rapport with a wide audience. This position is not your typical quality assurance job, and the ideal candidate will bring a strong retail background with a passion for understanding QuantiSense technology and history of uncovering hard-to-find software defects in a complex analytics software environment.
- Develop, maintain, and review test scripts according to provided functional and technical designs
- Run test scripts and document test results
- Perform bug fix testing by running a functional test script or creating ad hoc test cases for affected functionality
- Run test programs and document test results
- Interact with other team members, other departments, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Produce status reports and other metrics indicating the health of projects and products.
- Actively participate in QA of design, reqs, coding phases, and testing of software applications for the retail industry
- Participate in reviews of development document deliverables such as reqs, functional designs, technical designs, functional test scripts written by other team members and curriculum
- Verify documentation is suitable for use by QuantiSense customers and internal sales, marketing, and professional services departments
- Apply knowledge of software engineering and test practices toward the quality improvement of QuantiSense applications by assisting in the composition of acceptance criteria and test cases for verification of functional and system components
- Contribute to the definition, validation and implementation of Quality Assurance testing tools Handle customer issue and defect escalations from the product development and professional services departments and participate in regular defect review/triage meetings
- Evangelize quality throughout the company and customer base
- Work with customers to provide test coordination and defect resolution
Required Job Skills
- Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science, Mathematics, Technical, Business, or related field preferred.
- 4-6 years of software development and quality assurance experience
- Strong retail background, preferably with soft lines/apparel. Ideal candidates would be former buyers or planners who played a SME role in retail systems implementations/upgrades or moved into QA or testing roles
- Background in a retail organization and with a strong retail background. Ideal candidates would be former buyers/planners who had a role in retail systems
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience with all phases of a software development lifecycle
- Experience developing and/or testing infrastructure products, n-tier architectures, and component-based design on the front- and back-end
- Experience with or hands-on knowledge of MicroStrategy or other BI reporting, SQL, relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle) and tooling (e.g. Squirrel SQL) a plus.
- Experience with or hands-on knowledge of at least one automated testing tool or framework such as Selenium, Mercury QTP, PSScript, or a home-grown framework a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills and able to effectively work with diverse teams.
- Possesses strong analytical skills
- Thrives on being challenged and being able to solve complex problems. The product development team will challenge this individual, and it is expected this individual meet that challenge and further raise the bar on improving quality, process, and product.
- Demonstrates an ability to think creatively and respond to complex situations in novel ways
- Proves the ability to deliver results in a high-energy, fast-paced, and team environment
- Deeply understands the inner workings of the retail industry
- Has hands-on knowledge of project management methodology
- Exhibits an ability to prioritize goals for self and others aligned with organizational goals
- Is a self-starter with ability to operate with minimum supervision
- Able to learn new technologies and techniques quickly and apply them to relevant situations
How You Know That You Are Successful
First, your peers, our customers, and others in the company will sing your praises unsolicited – we do our best to celebrate and track these. Development success is gauged by successfully responding to feature requests with elegant and quality design and construction; simplicity is a goal itself at QuantiSense. In addition, we gauge timely delivery of estimates, timely completion of development tasks and good communication within the team and to product management. Ultimately, the success of product development is happy customers that use our technology productively. This success is evidenced by the purchase of our technology, usage, press releases, maintenance renewals, thoughtful feedback from customers, and analyst reviews.
We Have an Awesome Work Environment
- Collaborative work environment with other folks who have a passion for retail and technology
- Our industry is cool – analytics is a hot field – it’s interesting and unique
- Non-bureaucratic environment
- Play ping-pong any time and participate in our annual tournament
- Dress code – casual work environment
- Delicious breakfast in office twice a week
- Fully stocked kitchen, adult beverages on Friday afternoons
- Benchmarked benefits offering – full health insurance, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k plan
- Company bonus plan, paid quarterly + stock options
- Vacation is great – no requirement to have worked here for long time
- Recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work
If You Were with Us Already, You Would Have
- Participated in Q Olympics, consisting of Nerf archery, corn hole, kickball, volleyball, can relay races
- Gone ziplining through a forest canopy
- Decorated golf carts
- Shot at our CEO in laser tag or with nerf guns capable of shooting 75 feet
- Met the Most Interesting Man in the World
- Worked with the latest BI technology
- Worked with the latest in analytical warehouse technology
Ranked the #1 Top Software Vendor in RIS Software LeaderBoard in both 2012 and 2013, and counting over thirty marquee retail companies as customers, QuantiSense offers solutions both for retailers that are looking to leverage their existing BI and data warehouse solutions as well as organizations that are looking to acquire a new, state-of-the-art reporting and analytics foundation.
QuantiSense Retail Business Intelligence™ contains pre-fabricated software components that enable retailers to deploy a fully functional retail BI and data warehouse solution in as little as 60 days. Foundation is “BI independent” and can be deployed using any commercially available business intelligence tool. In addition, this solution is also “database independent” and can be implemented using any standard SQL-based relational database.
QuantiSense Playbooks™ are a set of unique, action-oriented retail analytics that automatically surface hidden problems and/or opportunities typically buried in the details of mounds of retail data. Business users across merchandising, store operations, marketing and more are immediately empowered to make highly profitable decisions in a matter of seconds. QuantiSense Playbooks include and are powered by the QuantiSense Retail Exception Engine™, a unique QuantiSense solution that constantly scans item/store and even transaction level data, automatically finding and quantifying the proverbial nuggets of retail gold typically missed using regular reporting systems. QuantiSense Playbooks™ can be purchased either as a stand-alone solution, as Playbooks works with any existing BI tool and/or data warehouse platform. Additionally, QuantiSense Playbooks™ can be licensed in conjunction with QuantiSense Foundation to provide an exceptional turnkey BI and data warehouse application.
The QuantiSense roster of retail customers includes Burlington Coat Factory, Destination XL, Hallmark Cards, Michael’s, Pacific Sunwear, Restoration Hardware, Urban Outfitters and more. Visit www.QuantiSense.com.
How to Apply
Email your resume to email@example.com and let us know which position interests you.