General Job Description
QuantiSense is revolutionizing the way retail companies look at their business. If you are the kind of person who likes to analyze data and behavior to develop insights into why consumers make buying decisions and how the businesses serving them can run more effectively, QuantiSense is looking for you. We seek individuals who possess a solid information systems background, have an aptitude for business analysis and communications with clients, and are excited about making a meaningful contribution to a small and growing company and its clients. Experience in database technology and SQL development is required. Knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence applications is preferred and knowledge of the retail business would be a plus. Travel is necessary for client discussions; however, the majority of the work will be done in the QuantiSense office.
An Implementation Consultant will design, develop and troubleshoot QuantiSense application components as the QuantiSense software product is implemented.
Data Warehouse Responsibilities:
- Analyze and map source data for the QuantiSense software product.
- Develop and configure data routines from the source extract to the data warehouse.
- Manage and troubleshoot data load processes from source extract into the data warehouse.
- Document and test the business logic of source data to the QuantiSense software product.
- Reconcile data back to the source.
Business Intelligence Responsibilities:
- Configure, develop, test, and tune BI components, including Reports, Dashboards, and Playbooks.
- Leverage the client’s QuantiSense application(s) to analyze and interpret data findings.
- Recommend client business actions based on current and periodic data analysis.
- Match user requirements to configurations of data model.
- Build the BI layer in MicroStrategy to connect the data warehouse to QuantiSense product functionality.
- Review QuantiSense standard reports and functionality with key business users.
Required Job Skills
- Strong SQL query language and SQL scripts experiencs
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills
- General database concepts and development methodologies
- Data analysis ability
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts is a plus
- Database performance tuning is a plus
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools, particularly MicroStrategy, Cognos or Qlikview, is a plus
- Experience in the retail industry is a plus
- Experience with, Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, and SQL Server is a plus
- Professional oral and written communication skills required including listening, interactive problem solving, and a good understanding of professional etiquette, particularly via phone and email.
- Ability to work as part of a project team
- A natural thirst for client data curiosity and willingness to share findings both internally and externally.
- Ability to present information in an understandable and compelling manner.
Education and Work Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, and 1-5 years of work experience.
We Have an Awesome Work Environment
- Collaborative work environment with other folks who have a passion for retail and technology
- Our industry is cool – analytics is a hot field – it’s interesting and unique
- Non-bureaucratic environment
- Play ping-pong any time and participate in our annual tournament
- Dress code – casual work environment
- Delicious breakfast in office twice a week
- Fully stocked kitchen, adult beverages on Friday afternoons
- Benchmarked benefits offering – full health insurance, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k plan
- Company bonus plan, paid quarterly + stock options
- Vacation is great – no requirement to have worked here for long time
- Recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work
If You Were With Us Already, You Would Have
- Gone ziplining through a forest canopy
- Decorated golf carts
- Shot at our CEO in laser tag
- Met the Most Interesting Man in the World
- Worked with the latest BI technology
- Helped well-known retailers run their businesses better
How to Apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which position interests you.